Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Friday, April 18, 2008

Glory Days

I went to my Bible study last night and left Clover with Bob for the first time.
I missed her.
Many of the things discussed at the study stirred my heart.
It was exactly where I needed to be.
I drove home, alone.
I prayed.
I thanked God for this life with these people who are my family.
I thanked Him for the blessing of my 'babies.'
I repented for the (many) times I have taken it all for granted...for the times I have spoken too harshly, for the times I have behaved selfishly, for the times I have wished things were easier.
I asked for strength to do this job honorably, for wisdom and discernment in decision making, for gentleness to handle little hearts.
I couldn't wait to get back home.
I walked into their bedrooms and hugged them as they slept.
I told them how much I love them.
I smelled their sleepiness.
I felt my heart stretch with gratitude, with amazement that this was my life, with wonder-love.
I hugged Bob.
I nursed Clover.
I went to sleep, a slightly different person than when I left the house 4 hours earlier.

This is precisely why I need to step away from it all sometimes....so that I can come back renewed, humbled by the fact that I have so very much to be thankful for, more deeply aware of my blessings, and refreshed to fulfill this high calling of "mother." I am thankful for the opportunity. God has been so good to me.
Psalm 30:12
To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Signing off for the weekend now. Have a good one. Adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive