Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just because I make myself laugh (and I do, all the time, I can't help it) doesn't mean anyone else gets my oh-so-humorous "humor." Alright fine.
I get my days confused because there is (beautiful) needy baby on the dishwasher, *again* and oldest son refusing to eat his healthy (oatmeal) breakfast *again*
Ahhhh. It's a blustery, snowy, glorious WEDNESDAY!!!!!!
Amidst the busyness of this day, I am grateful.
I've got 5 sweet little dance partners, fantastic artists, imaginative playmates, (truly) funny comedians, expressive communicators, snuggly snugglers, all eager to spend time with me. No one has ever loved me quite like they do ;-)
They fill our home with uninhibited, carefree joy. They teach me by their example to completely spend myself in the activities of a day well lived.
When I slow down long enough to really take them in, to look at them long and hard, to breathe in the moment, to thank God Above for their precious lives, it fills my heart with pure gladness.
I savor their presence today.
My 5 great loves.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

i get that - the "pure gladness" - but it truly does take STOPPING and TAKING IT IN! precious when i actually do that!

Holly said...

I totally got the humor - no explanation necessary! (however, it was a good explanation nonetheless!)

Blog Archive