Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Monday, April 19, 2010

It is not always easy


Posted by Picasa
Being the eldest of 7 children.
And, how many 8 year olds hold that title?
I am so, so proud of this girl, sweet Jayla.
I can honestly say that she has taught me about as much as I've taught her.
She is an example to me in countless ways.
Helpful, kind, thoughtful, considerate, and hard working
she is fantastic at taking initiative to pitch in.
She is generous with her time and talent.
She is gracious to younger children.
Never bored, she remains easily occupied, always busy,
plotting the next grand scheme, including every sibling.
These days, her plans often involve doing something for me around the house.

And the way she welcomed Meadow.....
which was a bit of an encroachment on her space and territory.
I think she was better at adoption than I was.
She showed me what unreserved, unashamed, unabashed, bright, brilliant, light, accepting, enveloping, love looked like with child like purity.
I needed that.
I mean, I really needed that.

Oh my heart.
It swells.
My eyes.
They tear.
My cup.
It overflows.
My girl.
Jayla.
I love you.
You really are my sunshine.
God is so good to me.

8 comments:

Holly said...

love the new look!!!!

and LOVE this post.

I Love focusing in and just dwelling on the different blessing that each child in our family is to us.

It's almost too much to think about them all at the same time ;-)

Courtney said...

love the new look also!

and i needed to read this today...i feel a LOT the same way about my eldest...yet it was a hard day with her...reminding her of who she is...thanks.

Lisa Stucky said...

GREAT new header. You have beautiful kids.

Beckysblog said...

That is so sweet! Good for you for lifting her up!

Kim said...

She is amazing! I count myself blessed that we have the same middle name! love the new pictures

Jodie said...

Sweet!!

Patty said...

Tisha, this is the loveliest, most touching thing I've read in a long, long time. Thank you!! And Jayla will deeply thank you in years to come as she reads and rereads this!

Stephanie Headley said...

I LOVE THE NEW PICTURES! YES, I AM SCREAMING AT YOU THROUGH THE COMPUTER, BECAUSE THEY ARE SO DARN CUTE!!!!!!! Love, love, LOVE it!!! And love the jingle (I didn't see Alice anywhere.....I believe she probably resides in you....the maid, cook....etc, etc) Love the pics, truly adorable kiddos you've got there!

Blog Archive