Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Thursday, May 27, 2010

You would not believe it if I told you

Shall I tell you?

My mom kept all the kids (overnight!) last night until this afternoon. Yes, all the kids. Until this afternoon. An overnight stay. That would be 7 of them. Yes, she did. What kind of award does this woman deserve?

I had the day of my dreams. It only became the stuff dreams are made of after the joy of receiving several small people into my life. Before that it would have been the stuff regular-old-drag-of-a-day-nothing-too-exciting-and-lots-of-hard-work-kind-of-not-really-great-at-all-night frights are made of.

I cleaned and sorted and organized and de-cluttered and scrubbed and rearranged. All alone. Oh my, my, my goodness gracious. Heaven on a stick.

I don't know when the last time I was all alone in my house was. Ages ago I suppose.

Then I got a speeding ticket racing in to get the youngsters.
That was not good.

Then those young ones came into the perfectly primped house and started behaving the way children (who have pretty much zero respect or appreciation for their mother's hard labor throughout this glorious day and started immediately messing it up) do.
That was not good.

Then, they began showing their inevitable grandma hangover. (Not quite enough sleep, a few more treats than usual, change of authority figure, having to once again recall the ((forgotten)) rules that apply here, in this home, where the majority of them have spent 99.9% of their waking and sleeping hours on this awesome earth.)
So, yeah. That was not good.

But daddy-o and I had a date last night that was incredibly fun. Because even after all these years, we really do like eachother. (Pei Wei and Big Lots bargain shopping followed by American Idol. Yes, we do it up right. You know it! Those Deutsches are wicked cool.)

And my day. Oh my day. Now, that was good.
Thank you grandma JJ.

6 comments:

Beckysblog said...

That is awesome. And yes, she deserves an award of some kind...! :)

Lindy said...

You're right--I don't believe it! So glad that she truly gave you a break! :) A FULL break! Glad you enjoyed your day.

Alyssa said...

What an amazin' Mom!!!

Jodie said...

Oh yes, the "I'm going to make you pay for letting me have fun" moments. Love them! (gasp, choke, cringe).

Glad you got some well-deserved time alone! But the question is -- will Grandma have them again?!?!?!

Courtney said...

i love you.
seriously.
that would be my favorite day.
AND our idea of a datenight, too!

glad you had both!

Stephanie Headley said...

Well, your mom is pretty great!! So glad you were able to do some "alone" time. Cleaning by yourself is a luxury, isn't it?

Blog Archive