Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Monday, June 07, 2010

By just looking at my children, I become more innocent. By loving them, I become more noble. By spending my money on them rather than myself, I find transcendence. And by being a father and liberating all of the love in my heart, my spirit soars free. I work hard to support a large family and I give up no pleasures in doing so because my children are my foremost pleasure. ~ Rabbi Shmuley

Once, I saw a segment on tv with Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar where the interviewer asked them if they were part of the "quiverfull movement." Jim Bob told a little bit of their history, then Michelle said, "We're not part of any movement, other than the movement God places on our hearts." Perfect. She hit the nail on the head.

Perhaps people who respond unfavorably to the idea of many children are doing so because it is not for them. That's understandable.

Each of us has our own drum beat.

If we're quiet enough, listening carefully....we'll hear it loud and clear.

No comments:

Blog Archive