Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Monday, June 28, 2010

The New Luxury Condo

3 BR/0 BA
150 sq. feet
$110.00

Experiences camping with the family: Depends on how you define ((priceless))?
Trial run Friday night outside our house.
People that began the night in the *luxury* condo: 9
People that remained in the *luxury* condo until morning despite whipping Colorado winds threatening to blow them to directly to Oz: 9 !
Shocked parents: 2 !



Posted by Picasa
So, about the bungee jumping. Sorry to be misleading.
We actually do allow our children to bungee jump at their leisure anytime they request to do so.
Remember how I said we say "yes" when some people think we should be saying "no" ?
Case in point!
Kidding. Oh, just kidding.
I repeat myself often just in case anyone who happens to be reading on any given day has not also been reading for the past 3 years or so.
Sometimes, I forget to repeat enough.
The Man is a power lineman.
His annual company picnic has bucket truck rides for the kids.
Safety harnesses required.
Cute little colorful harnesses were in fact purchased this year for the very occasion of scaring small non-lineman-people silly by taking them way up high in the sky to become intimately acquainted with the clouds since that's what their daddy does for a living.
Because everyone knows: If daddy gets to ride in a bucket truck, his beloved offspring should get to ride in a bucket truck.
************
Went to some super nice great friend's (they invited our gaggle over, didn't they? Um, yes. They did. SUPER NICE GREAT friends.) house yesterday for a bbq. (Their dad also gets to ride in bucket trucks for work!)
They have 5 kids and a huge casa. Came from NY to CO a couple of years ago.
Those 5000+ square feet of theirs nearly made me lose my blessed contentment entirely.
I've been working to regain it all morning.
The number of bunkbeds that would fit in this place!
That's all I could say to myself the whole time we were there.
I may have drooled just a tiny bit while taking the tour.
((((Embarrassing))))
Kidding. Oh, just kidding.
But seriously, I was drooling on the inside thinking about what we could do with all that space for young ones.
To me, that home was like a big heavenly shoe!
And, I had to tell myself to read what I had just written about contentment.
I've got all I need. And more. And more. And more.
Because the kids-packed-like-sardines lifestyle has its advantages too, you know?
Think of the family unity we're enjoying.
No privacy for children can be a really good thing.
I mean, good grief.
Who wants to clean 5,000 square feet!?
Probably not this old woman.

7 comments:

HollyMarie said...

LOL; Glad you survived the night! :) When are you going camping for real?

I've drooled on the inside myself visiting a few of my friends' houses. My husband and I were asking ourselves that just the other day... why are we SO content w/ our little ranch UNTIL we spend a few hours at our friends' houses? Ahhhh... you're right about the cleaning too.

Deanna said...

Awesome! I know what you mean about being content! Something I struggle with constantly, it seems.

Also... I just went grocery shopping for the week...$90.50!!! YAY!

Chris Noelle said...

It's funny, I just posted something on another blog about contentment...wouldn't it be nice if we were all equal, like a village, where everyone had the same size house? oh ya, but someone would then envy my decorating style, or your choice of paint colors, or the way you hung the wood shelf......
MAN WE ARE JUST POOR EXCUSES FOR SINFUL MAN!!!!IT WILL NEVER STOP UNTIL OUR LORD HAS HAD ENOUGH!!!! hahahah. glad you guys made it through the night. awesome.

Stephanie Headley said...

Contentment is definitely a trait we have to learn, and re-learn! The"camping" looks like fun! Glad they made it all night! If it works out for you, that is an inexpensive way to go camping....it's a lot of fun!

Stephanie Headley said...

I meant to say and inexpensive way to go on vacation.....got ahead of myself! Anyhow....enjoy! (and laugh at my blooper!)

Anastasia Stephan said...

You know I think the 110 dollar tent looked much nicer and more fun for kids than the 10,000 dollar time-share nathan and i were just offered (said no, ofcourse...can't be living off of $100/wk and buy that!)...AND...I drool all over (inside) when I'm at the Deutsch's...do you know them...this sweet family with a few kids...well I do and I love 'em and love their casa! Ahh, now back to my home, which I love, especially when all 1500 sq/ft of it is clean - which is never, but you get the point. love you!

Katy said...

Ha! Love the tent... and I give you and Bob credit for staying all night. In the backyard? I would totally be back in my cozy bed. Although with those prairie winds, you probably thought that if 2 adults didn't stay all night to hold it down, it would blow away with all those little ones in it!

Blog Archive