Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Some things never change

We've been watching the entire series of Little House on the Prairie courtesy of Netflix as a family. I am utterly and completely hooked and find myself thinking about it during the day, excitedly anticipating the next time we will sit down together for another episode of Ma, Pa, Mary, Laura, Carrie, Mrs. Beetle, Isaiah, and those naughty naughty Olson kids. It's become a huge nice major little addiction adventure for me to enjoy this with my children like I did as a child, (when I was totally obsessed with the show. SO unlike now.) **Confession** Last night I got out our camping coffee pot to make stove top coffee just like Ma does. It was awesome. **Heads up** If you see me out someplace softly speaking, imparting important life lessons with the utmost tenderness and patience to my young ones as they nod their heads and reply "yes ma," to me, the woman sporting a floor length pioneer style dress with an apron and a bonnet on my head, you'll know why. There is everything nothing wrong with that at all.

10 comments:

Anastasia Stephan said...

yes, yes, yes!!! I love that show as well! But, I have recently been watching the Cosby Show, which was my functional family growing up. Alas, it is much harder to look like or imitate them...So, let's go shopping for those dresses!

Holly said...

oh you homeschool mom you ;-)

Jodie said...

That was my favorite show as a child! I am trying to get my sister to give me her DVD set.

Courtney said...

we love it too, watch it every sunday!

Courtney said...

we love it too, watch it every sunday!

Beckysblog said...

love me some little house on the prairie!

Lisa Stucky said...

I was just thinking about reading the books with Shiloh this summer. How fun! btw - you probably already know, Jody Landers moved to CO. You 2 need to meet! She's fabulous ... much like yourself! =)

Always a learner said...

I was just thinking the other day about bonnets and why in the world we don't wear them anymore.

Tisha said...

You know Amy, I have asked myself the same question....See above picture...sexy.

Jodie said...

Let's start a bonnet revolution.

Blog Archive