Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I've been wanting to do this for a long time


Purchase raw milk for our family.
Over a year ago, I researched the health benefits of drinking it.
We tried it several times and liked the taste.
But it was too expensive, too inconvenient......
Our (super great - remember last week, the afternoon of childcare AND dinner? Those amazing people.)
friends recently bought a dairy cow.
And now, finally (real, nonpasturized, non hormone infused) milk is affordable and accessible to us.
We are the proud new owners of 4 shares of sweet Izzie the cow -
which equals 4 gallons/week of her creamy milk.
We're so happy.
Moooo.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lori said...

Oh I am so jealous! I have been looking into this but so far it is too expensive for our family. Enjoy, it is delicious!

Cassie said...

that is quite a connection!
enjoy!!

Jodie said...

I'm really uneducated about buying raw milk, but I like the idea of it. We typically get 1% and I know my kids wouldn't drink whole. Are you able to thin it out?

Katy said...

Yum! Welcome to my world...
I'm sorry to hear that it's so expensive in the US- here it's only about $1 per liter- actually WAY less expensive than the $4.50/liter of organic milk from the commissary.

The dairy lobby in the US are heavy hitters; so many laws have been passed making it hard for small farms to compete. Way to go, supporting the small dairy! It's like Little House on the Prairie all over again!

And about the whole vs. 1% question-- you don't want to thin it out, it is so yummy, worth every fatty molecule.

Blog Archive