Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Have you seen these?

Usborne books? I had not. Until yesterday, that is.
I ordered some to stuff the kids' stockings for Christmas. (Or, more specifically to lay beside the stockings. Because they are too large to actually stuff inside. *Minor technicality*)
Anyway, not one to normally purchase many books, (especially brand new ones) because of our heart felt affection for the public library in all its gloriously ((free)) splendor, (and my allegiance to thrift stores) I was mainly buying them to help support the Heldt's adoption of 2 very special little girls with down syndrome. They are a tremendous family. I admire Brianna a lot and am certainly inspired by her life, and her heart for these girls.

When I received the books yesterday, I was amazed! The quality and content is impressive. So much so, that I went back for another oder. If you have not seen them, you should take a look. It might just enable you to mark a great big satisfying check off your Christmas list, while assisting a wonderful family with their adoption costs. The physical act of making checkmarks off lists releases endorphins you know. As does helping others. Really, does it get any better than that?! A double dose of endorphin releasing goodness.

Here they are. All proceeds from this sale, held by Jennifer Isaac, are going toward the Heldt's adoption fund. It ends Friday! Hurry, hurry!

1 comment:

Ice Cream Lady said...

Yep, I'm a long time fan of Usborne. The Farm Yard tales are so cute. My son was reciting them at 2 because he liked them so much and they were so captivating. We're lucky, our library has a huge stash of them. The Atlas and dictionaries have web links in them too. Great books.

Blog Archive