Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Warming up for the Superbowl

....with some bowling, of course.
The Man and I were trying to remember, but we think it was over a decade ago that we last hit the bowling lanes. Good, good times let me tell you, both then and now. I especially thought so since I was the proud owner of The Highest Score. 123 magnificent points, mind you. WITH the bumpers up. I know! Uh-mazing! It's all in the wrist.




On this cold, windy, snowy morning, we opted to worship together at home.
(As we often do.)
After a few songs and a family-friendly review of the Tower of Babel record,
we found ourselves in a riveting reading of 1 Samuel about Tamar,
her brothers, and David's responses.
(Seriously, whoever said the Bible is boring? Oh no it isn't!
What about those racy, racy, racy parts that will make you
gasp, blush, and cover your mouth in shock and horror?
So NOT dull.....)
Anyway, as one thing leads to another, this brought Bobby and I to an hour long *discussion*
regarding the likelihood of the accounts in Genesis
(especially chapter 3) being literal vs figurative.
(By this time the children were lost, and long gone running around the house.)
He and I do not tend to agree on the matter.
More good, good times. ☺

Setting our minor (because we both admit that we really don't know)
 dispute aside, we're moving onto something we do agree about:
A (fried!) feast and some football.....

I'm cheering for The Black Eyed Peas.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Blog Archive