Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

B&R Challenge Day 2

(Along with peppers and tomatoes from the garden...)

Loving this challenge.

Loving the corresponding devotional and the conversation it is generating with the kids. (Thank you, Kate!!)

Actually loving eating beans and rice!
For those of you who are interested, I did not win the Work Stew contest. Not 1st, 2nd OR 3rd place. I know. Bummer. I was a bit disappointed. Not because I *need* to make money, but because it would be oh-so-thrilling to actually have something I, as an able bodied home person, do be recognized as valuable and important and worthwhile and contributory. Lord knows, there aren't a ton of accolades passed around for us motherkind. Not that we need them to carry on, it's just nice to be noticed occasionally, and to perhaps even have our occupation of choice earn a little honest respect.

But I do thank you sooooooooooo much for looking at my essay and for liking it! What I did win was the most facbook likes of all the contestants and some wonderful comments. And to me, your support is worth way more than $1,000. I mean, it is. Right? {wink}

I guess big daddy is going to have to keep bringing home the beans and rice since mama isn't managing to conjure any up. It's alright, I'll just keep doin' what I do, cookin' em up in a pan...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tish! We are loving your blog updates! I'm going to add your food pictures to our Rice and Beans album. I've said it before, but I just LOVE your family :)

Blog Archive