Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Toosday, the day before Winday.

I can hardly correct this girl's work. S E R I ously. How stinking cute is that "cursive" she's "teaching" herself because I am clearly too remiss in the pretty script department to show her how to properly write fancy, twirly letters? I mean. Dream snatcher. That's me.  And Toosday? Of course ! Duh. WHY are the big humans spelling like this: TUESday when it should be like this: TOOSday? *Obviously* People. Let us learn from the little ones. Lead the way, baby. Toosday it shall be. A+ for you, Clover True. If I could type you up some cursive this very minute, I would.
And what about those backwards letters? Fantastic! Marching to the beat of their own drum, they are. Not a thing wrong with a little individuality, sweetie pie sugar cube honey pot rainbow sparkle plum cake. Not. A. Thing. Your mommy will cry big salty tears the day they all turn around to face properly forward from here to forever more. Maybe it will be a Winday. A sad, sad Winday. 
And those TEETH. The new, big ones with the giant gap between. I could eat them up. Crunch, crunch, crunch. Your jack o lantern grin melts my frozen chambers into drippy puddles. My heart rises up big and round and spilleth over sugary gratitude all around the place. Love. Sweet, sweet love. You are my babiest girl.
There aren't words. There just aren't words.
There's only heaven on earth.
******************
I spent a while this morning listening to Christine Moers Youtube videos on therapeutic parenting. Good, good stuff. I needed a refresher! It's been a while since I'd seen them. Years, actually. Practical tools from a MOTHER who has DEALT with this stuff - things I CAN ACTUALLY DO. If you live in the trenches with wounded kids whose behaviors tend to drive you to the brink of batty, you might want to take a few minutes to listen too. Maybe they will lift you the way they do me.

No comments:

Blog Archive