Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Monday, June 16, 2008

Sandy, Katy, Susan, and Kristi,

"I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends."
- Walt Whitman

This post is the most challenging for me to write of all my (315!) entries thus far.
The words don't seem to be adequate. I feel like I can not properly express my gratitude and emotion.

I have been humbled by the kindness of friends.
And, I am the first to admit I have many, many flaws in the friendship department.

Some precious ladies I have known for several years did something that has left a permanent imprint on my heart.

These friends held a yard sale last weekend, and they donated the proceeds to our Ethiopian Adoption Fund. Anyone who has ever participated in a garage sale, knows that is no small gift to give! The time in preparation and pricing, and the actual sale itself requires a lot of effort. They gave us a sizeable check today, (in addition to a gourmet lunch : )

I wept most of the way home from our lunch/play date, where they presented their gift.

Bob and I are deeply, deeply thankful.

We long for these children. Our hearts ache for them. We do not yet know them, but they are constantly on our minds. We are continuously thinking of ways to cut our expenses to save for them. A step in their direction is the best gift we could ever, ever receive.

From the bottom of our hearts, we say thank you.

We will do our absolute best to be worthy of your generosity.
One day, when we hold adopted children in our arms, we will share with them the story of the amazing people who helped unite our family.

God bless you friends.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

wow. i have no other words.

Katy said...

I'm glad that this brings you one more step closer to getting those kiddos!

ctjeablack said...

What an incredible blessing, you ladies are amazing!

Alicia said...

God is already bringing you one step closer. What special friends you have!!

Blog Archive