Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Sunday, June 15, 2008

To my baby daddy,

I had no idea. Not even the slightest clue.

I was completely unaware of the truly spectacular father you would one day become and the joy I would experience in observing you parent our children.

I remember when we were in marriage counseling, telling the story of how we're not even sure we want kids. I almost fall out of my chair laughing about that now, 5 kids later with another 1 or 2 in mind for the future.

You are some kind of dad.

You are the kind of dad that welcomes children, and lots of them.

You are the kind of dad that gives and gives and sacrifices without complaining, rarely ever asking for anything for yourself.

You are the kind of dad that is willing to faithfully keep working at the fatherhood endeavor, allowing them to teach you as you teach them.

You are the kind of dad that attends tea parties and dance parties and wedding parties and any other kind of party the kids make for you.

You are the kind of dad that laughs easily and often and could not be more fun to play with.

You are the kind of dad that shows much love and affection for mom.

You are the kind of dad that Loves the Lord and teaches your children to do the same.

We are crazy happy you are ours.

Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Blog Archive