Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Plumpynut.

Everybody's doing it.
Donating it to malnourished children in other parts of the world, that is.
I gave my tattoo money for it.
$77 feeds 50 children for one day.
Jody has a link on her blog to donate to UNICEF directly for plumpynut distribution in Ethiopia. It's on the left hand side.
It is some amazing stuff. Really amazing.
I don't know about yours, but my kids ask for food all day long. They are always hungry.
How would it feel to have to say no? Sorry kids. I don't have anything to give you. Nor is it likely I will tomorrow. Nor the day after. Or the day after that....
What if I had to watch them waste away, starve, even die?
Seriously, can we even possibly fathom how ridiculously good we have it?
Think about how much food is in your fridge right now. How we may even complain we don't have enough pantry space to store our abundance?
If I was in the position some of these mothers are facing because of environmental circumstances, I would want some, kind, rich, foreign, stranger who has never experienced such devastation and desperation to offer me life in a jar for my little one.
I would pray for plumpynut.
You can be the answer to a fellow mother's prayer.
Please, buy some plumpynut.
It's totally the cool thing to do.

No comments:

Blog Archive