Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

When Hillbillies Date.

My mom kept the 4 big kids for a sleep over last night (yes she did! I know. Brave. Amazing. Kind. Helpful. C R A Z Y.)

The man of the house and I got to go on a real-live date!

After hitting the grocery store for some Christmas shopping for our little nippers, we headed home.
Once there a conversation began:
Me: Hey, Bobby, I need you to come in and help me with something. (Trying to discretely grab plastic wrap and hide it behind my back.)

Him: What is it?

Me: A little something I want to put on this window that is allowing cold air to STREAM right into the *comfort* of our *balmy* 60 degree casa, threatening our warmth.

Him: What's in your hand?

Me: Oh, this? Just some plastic wrap.

Him: You aren't planning on putting that on the window, are you?

Me: No.

Me: Well, maybe.

Me: Alright, yes.

Me: What are we supposed to do? This window lets the gazillion mile-per-hour prairie wind blow directly through our house, and it's not like any neighbors can see it. Who's gonna care?

Him: Fine.

Him: Muttering something under his breath about the bizarre depths he will go to for his out-of-her-mind country-ghetto wife.

Me: Thank you. Now let's get to work.

Him: This is the most booty thing I have ever done.

Me: Laughing so hard tears start running down my cheeks, as I try to peel apart the sticky plastic wrap to actually place it on our window.

Both of us: Watch in horror as carefully applied plastic wrap literally flaps in the breeze whipping in around the glass panes.

Me: (Trying to appear optimistic) Maybe foil would work better.

Him: I have an idea, I could seal it up from the outside.

Me: With what?

Him: Plywood.

Me: Now, that's just tacky.

Him: Come on! Like this is not?

Me: I've seen tin foil windows on many a house.

Him: Where?

Me: Oh, you know. Everywhere. Houses trying to conceal illegal drug activity. Cough. Clear throat. Never mind. Let's just ((((bundle up)))) and go watch our movie.

Him: Good idea.

4 comments:

dhuffer said...

That is a trip LOL And I just have to ask I have seen you say this before. BUT Do you really keep your house at 60f ..... Brrrr I am cold much below 68 in the winter... And getting out of the shower when the temp is any colder then 68 is plan scary!

Katy said...

I can't believe you've sunk to 60! You are one strong woman!! Remind me to bring my earmuffs, scarf, and a roaring fire when I come for lunch! Maybe we could have HOT salsa with extra jalepenos!

You could probably turn off your refrigerator and just leave the doors open.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my--this sounds like something me and Andy would do! Our dates often consist of getting stuff done without the kids--and it's always "redneck" style at our house!

Holly said...

oh so familiar - yet again.

soooo soooo sooo a conversation we would have sooo sooo sooo a thing we would do and the order in which we would do them ;-)

(funny....date, you hiding plastic wrap behind your back, I had no idea where this was headed ;-)

Blog Archive