Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Isn't it lovely?

African Deutchlets: How come my water color paintings never look like this?By the very talented Amy. She'll make one for you also. Of your family of course! As a fundraising project to bring her own little lady home from Et. You must want one. I know you do. Because who wouldn't? Beautiful. Go on, go on and order yourself one. Amy's got time. She's only a tireless water advocate, crafter extraordinaire, mother of 5, and in the middle of an adoption. Told you, the lady's got skilz!
*************************************************
I said I wasn't blogging last week, except then I remembered I made a commitment to promote 5 for 5 in honor of Worlds Aids Day for From HIV to Home. So, I did. Even though I was just talking to my friend about what a terrible promoter I am. At least I convinced myself to give $5 for 5 days to benefit positive orphans. I'm such a pushover when it comes to me.
**************************************************
Only 20 more mornings to wake up and have coffee. Only 20 more days, busy with the kids, school, and the house. Only 20 more nights to go to bed knowing it is approaching. Our court date will be here soon enough. Only 20 more calendar days of my dull, aching heart, wondering if we will once again be disappointed, our union further delayed, or if there will be cause for rejoicing as these kids legally become ours. Time passes quickly. How glad I am for that during these next 20 days.
***************************************************
Dolly did her *big* business in the toilet today! Newsworthy, I know! Perhaps for the first time in 8.5 years we will soon be done with diapers. Strangely, no. I'm not really happy about that. I'm still hoping for the stork to make a delivery on our doorstep, magically. A girl can dream.

Happy December 5 2009. Twill only come round once.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

thinking of you.
praying for you....

Blog Archive