Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Posted by Picasa
So I ran the (most awesome idea ever) for fasting food for a month by the family.
They weren't exactly hip to it (imagine that!)
Seems they've developed a taste for my (always deliciously delectable)
cooking over the years. ☺
Which is too bad.
Because I was major thrilled about 4 consecutive blissful weeks sans kitchen clean up.
We decided instead to do 4 $100 weeks at the grocery store for all household necessities.
Which is a $400-$500 savings for the month for our family.
We ventured out yesterday with our Ben Franklin goal in mind, but no calculator.
(I was alone with the brood.
Who could handle that and a calculator!?
Hello? No one I think. If you could, give yourself a great big pat on the back!)
I was trying to add it up in my head (between *gentle* ((reminders)) to stay with me, stop touching, don't lick the cart, get your finger out of your nose....and hand out of your pants [boys and their fascination with what resides inside their underwear!])
We bought the usuals: 5 dozen eggs, 5 gallons of milk, 5 boxes of cereal, 5 lbs. of pasta, 5 pkgs tortillas.....etc.
Guess what the grand total was?
$99.98
Oh happy day.
Can you even believe it?
This has to be one of the single most significant accomplishments in my entire 35 years.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

that's awesome! wow!!!

Anastasia Stephan said...

yeah, for some reason my smaller family than yours can't seem to keep it in that range...conclusion...i must shop alone!

Lindy said...

I KNEW you were brilliant! This just proves it once again.

It's all that home-schooling...

You are definitely smarter than a fifth grader. :)

Beckysblog said...

totally impressed! :)

Alyssa said...

Well it's time you knew...you're actually a secret braniac!! ;) Maybe it's all that counting to 7 so often that helped...

Blog Archive