Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Just a half hour a day

keeps the cavities away.
7 children's dentists appointments this morning.
0 cavities.
Can you even believe it? I suppose that 30 min (it's not really that long. It just seems that way while I'm in there.) spent in the bathroom each evening overseeing/implementing oral hygiene is working.
(Insert dance jig in my desk chair where I sing and extol the virtues of my tooth cleansing mad skillz...waooo waooo go mama...take your bad self to the dentist with your crazy clean mouthed peeps. Rock on with that floss....waooo waooo)
Ok celebration's over.
*******************
Don't hate me because I have a big fat mudroom. Because I don't have a big fat mudroom. New roof is eating up the mudroom funds so no good place for hats, coats, gloves, backpacks, and shoes will be found here any time in the near future. We can be friends again now that your jealousy over my dirty nook is without merit.
********************
Today, after the dentist, the crew and I needed to grocery shop. As I was standing in line at the checkout, looking over the comfort items and treats I was purchasing for daddy-o to give him while he recovers from his surgery, my eyes started tearing up like a great big butterball baby right then and there. I'm sure people were thinking I was crying because I was shopping for a week's worth of food with a 7 mini-person entourage. And sometimes that would be the precise reason for the salty outpouring leaking from my eyes by the time we reach the check out stand. (Kidding. JOTSCMF actually do pretty darn remarkably well at the store.) But today those tears were spurred by overwhelming gratitude. This opportunity. One I seriously thought would never come. One I never even thought to consider. It's here....approaching...within reach. I can hardly believe it. Another chance for the possibility of an enormous, indescribable, extreme gift to come into our lives. Perhaps. My heart overflows with immense joy at the prospect.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord. Thank you is not enough.

No comments:

Blog Archive