Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

So, it's funny because I was just saying yesterday how rascally my little crumb snatchers are could usually sometimes be and how the slave labor hard work of motherhood is all really quite relentless, driving me to the edge of my sanity to my knees in prayer asking the lord for a flask for my pocket big huge dose of patience. Because sure, who are we kidding? There is plenty of that to go around. And every once in a while I feel the urge to clear the air and say no matter how polished or pristine or perfect we Momkind People may come across - we all have our share of true, hard core challenges. And those deep rooted frustrations may start with something as simple as sitting down for breakfast. Life is not a Norman Rockwell painting!  Except sometimes it is...briefly....and that's the delectable cherry on top. But if life was really a bowl of cherries, we couldn't appreciate cherries fully, now could we? We would take them for granted.

And then a lovely, insightful, very talented young woman we have the pleasure of knowing wrote this about her experience with our family. She is a tremendous writer (as well as an excellent photographer!) And my tears dribbled right into my coffee cup as I read her words. She showed me an outside perspective of my children and it is priceless. She can't possibly know how much that means to me. The Deutchlets are incredibly warmly welcoming and affectionate and genuinely sweet kids! My heart. Oh my heart!

Thank you Melodie. So much. What a gift! God bless you.

2 comments:

Lisa Stucky said...

Wow, Tisha! I read her post and cried ... I mean wept! I too hope that when I grow up I can be like you. Thanks for letting me have a glimpse into your life from someone else's perspective. I often wonder what someone would say about me and my family if given the chance to do so ... hmmm...

Tisha said...

Oh Lisa! Thank you. Really sweet.
And I did love what Mel wrote. It was such an encouragement to my heart.
And still, realistically, I know that if she actually lived with us, she would not want to be like me when she grows up!! She would perhaps like to emulate some parts of our lives - but definitely would want to leave MANY of my characteristics (((far, far, far)))behind. That's the truth. Ask my kids. They will tell you! No joke.

But plesant words are sweet to the soul, and indeed, both her words and your words are that.
Thank you.

Blog Archive