Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Monday, September 27, 2010

I even bought new pants.

At Old Navy! Not Goodwill! Or Salvation Army! (I am kind of short. It is not always easy to find pants at thrift stores that fit me. It takes a while to search and try on options. I was also *short* on time. So I went straight to Old Navy. Out of character! But I found 2 pairs of really cute pants on clearance for $8.99 a piece. Yippee!)

This was due to the fact I don't really ever need to "dress." Our church is casual (jeans) and yoga type pants is my daily uniform around the house.

Since I was going to a *real live* conference,  I thought it best to not wear jeans. Or yoga pants.

And, I packed. Yes, already. On Sunday. To leave on Wednesday. Because I'm a dork cool like that.

I signed up for the lunch to meet her. I just LOVE her. So, so much. Do you read her blog? You really should. (Not that I would ever want to tell you what to do. :) You will love her too! I just know it!

Then, I found out this morning that a job my husband had on hold indefinitely was reinstated for rush completion. Starting WEDNESDAY. (The day we were leaving.)

He was assuring me it was fine. He would find a replacement, etc. He could still get the time off for me to go.

But it was weighing on him. I could tell. He was going to be distracted and rushed and concerned about missing work.

I understand the position he is in, pressure from work, pressure from home, providing for a large family, children with needs, a wife with needs, an employer with needs, a house with needs, vehicles with needs. Many people to accommodate and please. Plenty of stress from all sides.

I told him I would pass on the conference. It was no problem. It was such short notice anyway and he was very kind to try his best to make it work. Another time when we've got more time to plan, perhaps I will do something else, get away for a couple of days, with the ladies.

I am not going to Austin after all. Yes, I am disappointed. For several reasons. For me, it was an unusual, out of the ordinary, opportunity. I was really excited about it.

"Learning to deal with disappointment is part of life. Everyone experiences it from time to time." That's what I say to my kids.
So, I'm telling myself today, "Tisha, learning to deal with disappointment is part of life. Everyone experiences it from time to time." Then I answer myself, "I know Tisha, you're right."
(Then, I ((childishly)) make faces at myself behind my back. Because I don't have to like it.)

At least I have some cute new pants.

9 comments:

Courtney said...

oh man! i'm so sorry!!!! that stinks!

Jennifer Isaac said...

so sorry. but i totally understand - our husbands do so much for us and our unusual families! He'll so appreciate your making space for him. And I know God will honor it and bring some wonderful weekend away with the girls down the road! :)

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry, sending up prayers for a miracle to still happen, hang in there, he hears you.

I like the blog you linked too, thanks for sharing.

Carla said...

So sorry you will not be able to go, but I will encourage you by telling you that God will provide opportunities for you to "get away" and be refreshed. I remember thinking that I would NEVER be free again after adopting. And that I would not be able to do anything away from home (and away from children). My family lives out of state, so I've never had them to depend on in this way, unless it was planned way ahead of time. But He has provided so many blessed opportunities that have amazed me! Just last weekend, my 18 year daughter and I went to the beach, just the two of us. My husband is a musician and is usually gone part of the weekend and has a full-time job during the week, BUT God provided and he had the weekend off! So don't lose hope, He will surprise you with these awesome little (huge) refreshers in His time!

Anastasia Stephan said...

Well, i do hope you can join the ladies this weekend in Estes! Love you Tisha and missed you greatly on Sunday!

Chris Noelle said...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
sorry, I am crying for you if you don't.
Can you use the airplane ticket for somewhere else?
I know just the place, when BOB has time. ;o)

Tisha said...

Chrissy,
I must admit, I *almost* shed a little tear. Not quite, but it was close. BOO!!
Yes, I have the ticket to use elsewhere - the atlantic ocean perhaps? I hear Florida is nice....:)

Beckysblog said...

oh my! no way!
But good for you...standing behind your husband. Seriously, Im sure I would have taken the other road at the expense of my husband's sanity.
Thanks for the lesson!

Wife of the Pres. said...

I'm sorry you are missing the conference.

Thank you so much for your comment on my NHBO post. I appreciate knowing I'm not the only one. I am going to bookmark your blog. Love your honesty.

L

Blog Archive