Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Friday, April 13, 2012

Rice Milk

For a whole bunch of reasons, not the least of which is the sheer number of non-recyclable containers we use (and throw in the trash!) {Ouch!} I'm trying my hand at making my family's favorite cow milk alternative -  rice milk. So far, so good....
I saw some recipes where people simply blended the rice and water - but unless you are a fan of rice chunks in your milk, I prefer to strain it. This is the recipe I used. There is a lot of other, very interesting and probably little known, information that may be of interest listed above the recipe.
Brown rice and water costs a fraction of the price of store milk, so this is a hugely economical endeavor.
I don't know about you, but saving all that money, along with pouring milk from homey, old fashioned glass jars is enough to make me all.kinds.of.happy. :-)

No comments:

Blog Archive