Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Here I am.

Been hanging out with the boys and my doll during these past couple of days, hiding out from the world, swirling around thoughts in my mind....

Wondering how it could possibly be that my *baby* Stryder could be turning 2 tomorrow and if it is plausible that he will embark upon a highly-obedient, non-mischievous stage of his life during this year long segment that I am confident I will title The Terrific Twos.

Wondering if there is any sanity in going out for a walk, lugging 3 kids and chasing another who is running along ahead of me, only to come home and devour (nearly) an entire bag of Pirate's Booty (which is made of air, you know) in my "Ravished Because I Am On An Exercise Program for Lunatics" state.

Wondering how our economic govt works when we are given a stimulus package with borrowed money and how we should responsibly stimulate with our portion.

Wondering if I will survive next week when my husband is out of town and if Jo Frost is free to come lend a helping hand, or if Kate would be willing to send one of her 25 helpers my way. I would even take her laundry folder.

Wondering how some kids could have no parents at all and some kids could have parents that consistently make decisions that are not in the best interests of those kids and how some people who really shouldn't be having kids do and how some people who really want kids and would make great parents can't and how some parents are dying and have no one to take care of their children and how we can rise up enough and raise enough resources to do something about it to become The Family some child desperately needs.

Jayla's self portrait hanging on the wall at her school.
That pretty much sums it up.

No comments:

Blog Archive