Family photo 2013

Family photo 2013

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Standing

At the computer.
It's my new rule. For a while at least.

I treasure my moments (which can lead to minutes....hours) talking with you and seeing what you're up to and commenting about what you're saying on your blogs and your facebook pages. I love writing about our lives and jotting down a few of the million ridiculous thoughts or events that race through my mind on any given day. It all gets pent up inside, I need a place for it to ((((GO)))) Out there. Here. An outlet. In blogland.

But, my *babies* (oh yes they are. teeny weeny itsy bitsy little little babies) need their mommy to be present. Not only physically, but emotionally, mentally. Present. Looking them in the eye. Cupping their sweet faces in my hands. Laughing heartily at their jokes. Being refreshed by time spent with them, unhurried. Making them feel they are some of the most magnificent blessings God has bestowed upon this poor woman's soul. Because it's true. Looking at the profile of my face as they sit beside me while I'm tapping away on the keyboard isn't getting the job done.

Maybe if I stand at my computer rather than pulling up a comfy chair, I will find I have more time for living my life.

The cutest kids at the Children's Hospital yesterday.

Meadow trying to teach Clover with flashcards. It was hilarious. Kind of like the blind leading the blind since they know about the same number of words. Although I must say, M has come a LONG way in the language dept. which is oh so helpful. OH SO HELPFUL! My goodness. Her speaking a little bit more is helpful. Jayla kindly offered her assistance. (Yes, I wake up every morning and do Dolly's hair. First thing. See how good I am at it?)
My back hurts now from hunching over. It's working. Better scat!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

i've been pondering this very thing...how to balance my computer time with my life. i like your idea...

Beckysblog said...

I really might need to try that...thanks for the challenge.

Stephanie Headley said...

We'll take your updates however we can get them! Thanks for your efforts!

Blog Archive